West Coast Mountain Guides
T: +44 (0)1397 719120
M: +44 (0)7710 441580
Summer Alps Courses Overview
For many people a visit to the Alps is a logical next step from British mountains. Although it is preferable to have some Scottish winter experience with crampons and ice axe, it is not essential at an introductory level, as these skills are easily taught during the course.
A very wide range of abilities and ambitions are catered for from introduction to advanced, whether on rock or ice or mixed terrain, courses or private guiding. Any location is possible in Switzerland, France or Italy.
Programme details are normally discussed with groups or individuals in advance in order to achieve a satisfactory blend and success.
The staff working on all alpine courses will be members of the IFMGA as required by the laws of many alpine nations. These qualifications should be your guarantee of attention to detail, safety and success. Be sure your alpine guide carries this logo.
This is just a short note to thank you and Adam again for a brilliant three days. I've seen your photos of Orion Direct on the blog and forwarded them widely. Pity that there's none ...
A logical step from the Scottish mountains. All levels catered for.
- Christmas and New Year
- Prepare for Winter
- Winter Mountaineering Intro Weekends
- Winter Mountaineering Intermediate Weekends
- Winter Climbing Weekends
- Introductory winter courses
- Winter Mountaineering
- Student Courses
- Winter climbing: Introductory to intermediate
- Winter climbing intermediate to advanced level
- Winter Climbing - Ben Nevis - CIC Hut
- Shorter Winter courses
- Mountain Navigation and Safety Weekends
- Summer Scrambling & Mountaineering
- Isle of Skye - Cuillin 'Munros'
- Isle of Skye - Black Cuillin Traverse
- Isle of Skye - Black Cuillin Half Traverse
- Easy Rock - Rock Climbing in Scotland
- Classic rock climbing courses
- Skye rock climbing - Five Day courses
- Stacks of Rock
- Rock climbing around Scotland
Enter your details below to keep up to date with the latest updates via our Newsletter
View Our Newsletter Archive