Ben Nevis Charity Challenges
West Coast Mountain Guides have been leading charity groups on Ben Nevis for many years. We know the mountain as well as anyone and can accommodate any number of participants. The most well known charity that we have worked with over many successful years are Marie Curie Cancer Care.
It is also possible to arrange a 'Three Peaks' Challenge attempt to cover Ben Nevis, Scafell and Snowdon.
Anyone taking part in these events should make sure they turn up fit and well, with good outdoor clothing, including waterproofs top and bottom and a robust pair of outdoor boots. The ascent of Ben Nevis is hard work, so previous training is advisable.
Ben Nevis is not the only area we operate in, so if you prefer a different location for your event, such as the Isle of Skye, The Great Glen Way or West Highland Way, please get in touch.
Marie Curie Cancer Care
Marie Curie are running a number of mountain treks in Scotland from Glen Coe to Ben Nevis and the Isle of Skye. West Coast Mountain Guides provides safety back-up for all ages on these events. All of the trips are pre-walked before agreement is reached with Marie Curie to go ahead. Marie Curie also provides on-site first aid from the Red Cross for all of their Scottish Challenges and all of the leaders are trained in remote care first aid techniques.
The Caledonian Challenge represents a big effort, involving 54 miles non-stop from Gairlochy to Tyndrum, via the Great Glen Way and the West Highland Way. West Coast Mountain Guides have provided back up for teams on this event.
Experience the challenges and skills of winter. All levels catered for.
- Christmas and New Year
- Prepare for Winter
- Winter Mountaineering Intro Weekends
- Winter Mountaineering Intermediate Weekends
- Winter Climbing Weekends
- Introductory winter courses
- Winter Mountaineering
- Student Courses
- Winter climbing: Introductory to intermediate
- Winter climbing intermediate to advanced level
- Winter Climbing - Ben Nevis - CIC Hut
- Shorter Winter courses
Get away from climbing walls to the quiet of the Scottish Glens.
- Mountain Navigation and Safety Weekends
- Summer Scrambling & Mountaineering
- Isle of Skye - Cuillin 'Munros'
- Isle of Skye - Black Cuillin Traverse
- Isle of Skye - Black Cuillin Half Traverse
- Easy Rock - Rock Climbing in Scotland
- Classic rock climbing courses
- Skye rock climbing - Five Day courses
- Stacks of Rock
- Rock climbing around Scotland
A logical step from the Scottish mountains. All levels catered for.
Enter your details below to keep up to date with the latest updates via our Newsletter
View Our Newsletter Archive